Vickery Village is a 200,000 square foot shopping center comprised of retail, restaurant and office space in Cumming, Georgia. The shopping center was purchased in July 2016 by new owners who then hired me to handle all marketing and events.
One of my primary goals was to create excitement in the center through creative events and promotions to draw more people into the Vickery Village businesses. Another important goal was to create publicity, excitement and interest in the center to support the efforts of the leasing agent and attract more tenants.
At the time of purchase, there were several vacant spaces available for lease.
Through marketing, PR and events, I was able to meet and exceed all of the initial goals for the center through completion of the following initiatives:
- Launched a new website which attracts more than 25,000 visitors per month
- Created an active and engaging social media presence which grew to nearly 3500 followers within a year
- Earned dozens of PR hits for the shopping center including a 6 page feature article in Points North Magazine
- Helped increase sales for the shopping center tenants
- Helped to attract many new tenants to the center which substantially increased the occupancy rate.
- Partnered with several local and national charities to establish Vickery Village as an active community partner in Forsyth County
Projects: (click links to view samples)
“I have had the pleasure of working with Susan on this class A, specialty retail project. She is a very creative and “out of the box” thinker, which is a must in today’s evolving retail world. My clients and tenants love working with her. I am always excited to see what new and innovative plan she has to promote our properties and businesses.”
Shannon Shuman Martin
Retail Leasing Advisors
Leasing Agent for Vickery Village